What is Menopause?
The word menopause would send middle-aged women scurrying the opposite direction. This is a scary word simply because of the stories they’ve heard from those who have experienced it. Not only is it a sign that you’re getting older, but the term also implies that you’ll have to suffer through different forms of discomfort while your hormones go haywire.
At What Age Does a Woman Typically Reach Menopause?
It’s time to stop dreading menopause. This is something every woman, from ages 40 to 50, needs to go through. Rather than viewing this as the end of your glory days and the fact that your body has stopped ovulating, think about it as moving on to the next chapter of your life. This is the time to relax and enjoy the days that have yet to come. Your life has just begun and it’s time to embrace this new dawn.
Menopause will be easy for some women while challenging for some. The hot flashes, irritability, cold sweats, and mood swings do get in the way of your usual routine. Still, this doesn’t mean that you should lock yourself out and live like a hermit. You can cope with the uncomfortable symptoms if you just get the medicines you need.
Age-Wise Division (peri, post and menopause)
The symptoms often strike around mid 40s to early 50s. The age may vary from one woman to the next. Whatever age you are, you go through 3 stages:
- Perimenopause – means around the time when menopause is about to strike (early 40s)
- Menopause – the actual time that you get your last period (mid to late 40s)
- Post-menopause – It’s the year after your menopause when your body is still adjusting to the hormonal changes taking place (late 40s to early 50s)
What are the Menopause Supplements?
It’s time to help your body adapt to the changes. Look into the following brands that have helped thousands of women worldwide:
- Estroprin – This supplement contains black cohosh and has been medically tested before it was made available to the public. It retails for under $50, which is cheaper than most brands. Nonetheless, you definitely get more than what you’ve bargained for with this. In fact, it gets a perfect rating from many of those who’ve tried it. The fact that Estroprin contains natural ingredients has made it even more popular for those who want something that’s safe yet effective.
- Amberen – This retails for under $50 as well. Those who have taken this brand say that they’ve felt the full results within 3 weeks.
- Estroven – Contains natural ingredients as well as help alleviate menopausal symptoms and night sweats. However, the results can take as long as 30 days, but many of those who have tried it can tell you that it’s effective and safe.
How Do They Help in Relieving Menopause?
The above-mentioned brands are the organic supplements for women who don’t want to expose themselves to the dangers of cancer and other health problems. Western medicine has come up with its own set of solutions such as birth control pills and hormone replacement therapy.
The goal of these medicines is to supply your body with sex hormones so that it can adjust to the changes. These also give you a boost of other nutrients and minerals that allow you to cope with the symptoms.
Which Menopause Supplements are Effective?
Here’s a list of the most common ingredients used by supplements:
- Black Cohosh – eases hot flashes and night sweats
- Flaxseed – reduces night sweats
- Calcium – prevents bone loss that happens during menopause
- Red Clover – contains natural estrogen
- Wild Yam – alternative to hormones, as the compounds are similar to estrogen and progesterone
- Ginseng – boosts your mood
- St. John’s Wort – prevents mood swings
The popular brands such as Amberen and Estroprin contain some or all these ingredients. So, not only will your body get the hormones it needs, but it also can cope with the discomfort more efficiently.
Who Should Use Supplements?
If you’re going through menopause, these supplements are perfect for you. Every healthy woman approaching the end of her youth can definitely appreciate what these can do.
Conclusion: Does Menopause Supplement Help in Relieving Menopause Symptoms?
Try to see which method works best. Now, you can take comfort in the fact that you don’t have to deal with this difficult stage in life all on your own. With the help of medicine (alternative or modern), you can definitely help your body adapt and conquer the changes.
Some prefer to take the traditional route while the others like the organic method. You simply have to talk to your doctor to see which one works best for you because your medical history plays a huge part in your decision.